Utility Locate Technician
ELM Utility Services
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title: Utility Locate Technician
Department/Division: ELM Utility Services
Work Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Hiring Supervisor: Kenneth Kauffman
Pay Rate: $18.00 - $30.00/hr DOE
Employment Status: Full Time, Hourly
ELM Utility Services, with over 1000 employees nationwide, has an outstanding opportunity for a Utility Locate Technician, working in the Rapid City, South Dakota area. With starting pay from $18-$30 per hour DOQ, you will be provided paid training by ELM using ELM equipment, including company provided vehicle to work independently as your mobile office. ELM utilizes our Launch point software system with state-of-the-art technology to ensure the job is as simple and efficient as possible for our technicians. ELM Technicians provide a service to their community ensuring the gas, electric, communications systems, etc. are maintained and dependable by performing excellent quality marking of utilities to prevent excavation damage to these critical facilities. Utility facilities that provide heat, light, and necessary communications critical to our modern life serves the communities in which we live.
In addition to hourly compensation, ELM offers a full benefits package including:
- Company vehicle and fuel card are provided for you to take home each day as your mobile office
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid-Time Off accrual (PTO) and Vacation/Sick Time (80 hours per year to start, Accruals go up with years of service) NOTE: A Vacation/sick (PTO) Time match is available for experienced technicians currently performing damage prevention who join our team at ELM so you do not lose those time off benefits you have earned over the years at another company.
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Company Smart Phone, and other equipment as needed are provided to each employee
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Boot Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid hands-on training
- Annual reviews with the potential for increases
Your specific duties in this role will include, but not limited to:
- Working independently outdoors utilizing your company-provided vehicle as your mobile office, you will work a route of locate requests to be completed each day.
- Our mission is to correctly, safely, and efficiently locate and mark underground utilities including, electric and gas lines primarily, marking their proper location using marking paint, flags, and whiskers in some cases. In some areas ELM does also locate communications or other facilities as well. Local management can provide specifically what utilities we service in your area.
- Complete all necessary digital documentation and paperwork
- Receive daily route and locate requests by logging in each morning from your vehicle/mobile office handheld smartphone. No need to come to an office every day. The day normally will start at your residence and ends on the last locate job completed.
- Respond to emergency calls in a timely manner as directed
- Work periodic overtime and weekend on-call rotation may be requested
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be at least 18 years of age