Counter Sales / Inside Sales Representative
We're Growing! Join Our Team Today!
We’re Hiring a Counter Sales/Inside Sales Representative!
Plumbing & Heating Wholesale, Inc. is hiring a professional to fill the role of full-time Counter Sales/Inside Sales to operate in Rapid City, SD.
The Counter Sales rep will increase sales and customer satisfaction by efficiently and courteously assisting walk-in and telephone customers in the selection and acquisition of needed products.
Basic day-to-day functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Service customers at the counter by taking orders and entering them into the system accurately.
- Use electronic and published catalogs to provide product, pricing and availability information to customers.
- Follow company pricing and credit guidelines.
- Solve or find someone to quickly solve customers’ problems.
- Retrieve orders from warehouse quickly and accurately.
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sales items as well as new products.
- Promote and sell overages, damaged and discontinued items.
- Handle customer complaints and returns, while showing a positive attitude.
- Keep merchandising and counter areas clean and attractive.
- Keep counter area inventory stocked; remove or add inventory items to stimulate impulse sales; remove discontinued items from the sales floor.
- Assist in after-hours scheduled physical inventory counts.
- Participate in company-sponsored sales promotions.
- Work with other departments to resolve customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Light warehouse duties as assigned.
- Accurately use order entry, computerized systems and other technologies as required.
- Attend product training meetings.
- Review and understand company ethics policies.
- Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations.
- Understand terms and conditions of sales and the extent of liability and responsibility.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Committed to customer service.
- A team player.
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- Effective listening and good phone skills.
- Always practicing positive customer relations, superior customer service, and constructive problem solving.
- Continuously upgrading skills and knowledge to improve personal effectiveness, and provide training and guidance to less experienced/skilled personnel.
- Committed to maintain a safe and unobstructed work area, follow all safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety equipment and practices.
- Professional, in image and communication.
- Motivated to learn and grow professionally.
- Available to work Monday - Friday (7AM to 5PM)
Full-time employee benefits include:
- Competitive wages
- Paid health insurance
- Paid dental insurance
- Paid life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental life insurance for self, spouse, and/or dependents
- 401(k) + employer match
- Employee discount
- and so much more!
We are always looking for great employees to join our team who will fit our company's core values:
- Provide value in ALL of your relationships
- Small-Town Values
- Hunger for personal and company development
- Eagerness to help others succeed
- Productive use of time and talents
Please send resumes to:
Plumbing & Heating Wholesale, Inc.
Attn: Kelsey Meinders
1411 A Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Or email resumes to: HR@pandhwholesale.com
P & H Wholesale, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.