Summary of Position
The Postal/Production Analyst’s foremost responsibilities are to ensure Postal Compliance, promote production efficiencies and to coordinate the mail production scheduling for outgoing mail. This position is also responsible for the accurate recording and scheduling of inventory. This is a full-time non-exempt position located in Chamberlain, SD.
Reports to the Director of IS and Operations
- Ensure all mailings are meeting specifications outlined by the United States Postal Service (USPS).
- Proactively stays conversant with USPS rules, regulations and changes in order to recommend the most cost effective way to mail. This position will actively pursue cost savings for all mail to ensure that all mailings are using the most efficient and lowest cost method of delivery.
- Completes and/or approves all paperwork to be completed for USPS mailings and permits to see they are accurate.
- Coordinates with the Marketing, Production, and IS staff on all schedules to ensure that realistic timetables are developed and implemented for upcoming promotions throughout the year to assure timely delivery of raw materials and finished mail pieces ready to be mailed.
- Ensures that all inventory receipts are accurate, any issues are resolved in a timely manner and the inventory is stored properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of IS and Operations.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Operations, Business or a related field or a minimum of two years relevant work experience; comprehensive training will be provided; salary commensurate with experience
- Special consideration given for a background in direct mail and/or the USPS
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated proficiency at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Uses both hands and wrists repetitively for prolonged periods
- Prolonged keyboard and computer screen activity